Saturday, December 18, 2010

Peddle powered Christmas shopping!

So my HUGE to do list of handmade gifts has been seriously culled due to lack of time. Still, this pile of handmade goodness isn't too bad considering. I still have a couple of things by the sewing machine that may or may not get finished in time for our departure on Tuesday. And that's o.k. Life's been so crazy busy with the business lately it's a wonder I achieved any sewing time at all.

(For some details on what's here see my flickr photostream...)

I realised something pretty cool today. We did all our Christmas shopping on the bike. Kept things local, and did all our necessary shopping at our fantastic local art store, the farmers and young designers markets and our local deli. That means that while many of our gifts were bought and not home-made, they were acquired car-free!

I'm constantly surprised by how much we can fit into our saddle bags. It's actually easier and less hassle than taking the car. No drama with getting wriggly ones in and out of car seats. No drama with traffic. No drama with parking or parking meters. No drama with carrying heavy bags long distances as we can usually lock the bike within meters of our destination. It is TOO easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment