Thursday looks a little like this each week. Yes. I'm starting with Thursday, why ever not?!
First stop of the day is always coffee of course.
Onto SHRIMPs, our local homeschool meet where the children engage in imaginative play with dear friends for hours and hours. This week it centred around making ochre paint from crushed rocks. Many trips were made to the picnic rugs for vessels to contain this wonderful stuff. Will got a couple of nasty surprise in the form of mud-filled lunch containers later that evening when he was doing the dishes. I've suggested to Dex that he take some takeaway containers next time he thinks such things might be necessary at SHRIMPs because frankly, our beautiful stainless steel lunch boxes are too precious to be filled with filthy park-mud. Gross.
One of their friends wasn't there on Thursday so the children made a sign: Wanted! Olivia T to turn up! (Unfortunately it didn't have the desired effect. But I'm sure Olivia would be pleased to know she was so missed).
Lunch was homemade nori rolls made by moi. Dedication or what? We began eating gluten free last week as Hugo has tested positive to an intolerance. The rest of us have also been tested and are awaiting results but in the meantime its easier on Hugo if we all join him in his gluten free world. (We are all feeling fantastic by the way, even thought it DEOS require far more forethought and planning and rolled-at-the -park lunches. Did you know that just about all bought sushi rice contains gluten in the form of wheat glucose in the seasoning- what a drag huh?).
It was impossible to tear the children away from their play this week. But isn't the late afternoon light lovely? I believe it was close to 7pm before we left. I love day light savings and anyone who doesn't is crazy!
Next post...how Fridays in our world look at the moment.

I did not know most shop bought sushi contains gluten! Truly, is nothing safe?? We all had rice paper rolls for lunch today - another option for you. We fill them with rice noodles, cooked chicken, grated carrot and lettuce. Yum.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you are CRUEL doing a photo day when I have no camera. *pout* Damn you! And you do realise that WA has said no to daylight savings for years and years (decades, even). They only *just* introduced Sunday trading this year. Unbelievable!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you keep that Wednesday free. ;)