Sunday, January 20, 2013

Spur of the Moment Adventure w Daddy

One weekend in mid November Will and the boys took themselves off for a spur of the moment adventure.  It was a Saturday morning and we'd had a busy week.  (I may have been complaining about feeling tired and in need of some me-time the evening before)!



Will got up early with the children and made pancakes for brekkie while I enjoyed a sleep in (which he does every weekend in fact)!  I woke up and tuned in lazily to what they were all doing in the living room.  The sound of Will on the computer, questions to the boys about this and that, their excited answers.  Next thing Dexter was by the side of the bed and said Dad just wants me to check before he books it all but is it ok for us to go to Lorne for the weekend?  That's right, using frequent flyer points Will managed to book flights to Melbourne, hire a car and book accommodation in Lorne, Victoria for that very day.  I was asked to please drop them at the airport in 1 hour!

They travelled light and Will left his camera behind so the only record we have of their spur of the moment adventure are these photos he took on his phone and sent to me throughout the weekend.







Will spent a lot of time in Lorne way back in the day when he was backpacking his way around the country in the years before we met.  He developed a soft spot for Lorne after living and working there for 6 months way back in 1997.  So he knows this part of the Great Ocean Road very well indeed.  He and I spent several weeks exploring the area in the year we spent living out of our old '82 Toyota Hiace in 2000!

They wasted no time enjoying the beach and bushwalking to a couple of waterfalls and feeding the cockatoos (who 12 yrs. on are still boldly harassing the tourists and locals alike to be fed as we remember them doing) - jamming as much into their short visit as possible.  The boys still talk frequently and fondly about their special weekend away with daddy.  And Will and I have been dreaming up our one day plan to do a proper family road trip in this gorgeous part of the world.

Meanwhile, I enjoyed some time doing this


and this...


No comments:

Post a Comment