While I was attending my tai chi class on the weekend Will took the kids to the aqaurium shop for a new plant for the tank. My boys (big one included) are so alike - they fell in love with these plastic 'crystals' for the tank. Hmmm. While I think they look somewhat like little nuggets of radioactive waste, the boys - all three of them - seem to think they look stunning. Um, alright. I was digging the more natural look but I'm not complaining too loudly. Pimping the tank I can handle, so long as it doesn't start to spill over into the rest of the house!
We finally got around to a little spring gardening. This will be our 3rd year of growing veggies in pots on our deck. The pots are on wheels so we can follow the sun. To be honest, it's starting to wear a little thin. I mean, it's not the easiest thing to grow things in pots, with limited sunshine and about a hundred kilo's of soil that needs replacing with each 'crop' (ha ha, somehow the scale with which we grow our food doesn't seem to suit that word crop). Anyhow start we did, only about 4 weeks later than we needed to.
Little H was sooo helpful, digging out the old soil and then digging out the new soil. Hang on, the new soil is supposed to stay in there. Oh well. This morning I went out to discover the cat has enjoyed doing her business in the lovely fresh new soil, thankyou very much Frankie. No doubt we'll end up buying some established seedlings in a couple of weeks when it becomes obvious that the seeds are not going to germinate!
Whenever we walk anywhere lately the boys take turns riding on Will's shoulder's which is really pretty convenient. It's great if we have the stroller or ergo as well for whichever child is not on Will's shoulders. We can actually walk at normal adult speed. And get places in a normal amount of time! And not climb every wall, spin around every pole and collect every stick, leaf or seed pod we pass. Ah, simple pleasures.
Little H has been drawing his little heart out lately and I keep meaning to photograph his pictures and document these gorgeous early stages of his developing creativity. I wont pretend that it doesn't make my heart sing to see my sons enjoying their creative pursuits. He told me this is a bug. After I took the photo I asked him to explain it to me and he grabbed a texta and added more legs after deciding it needed more!


No comments:
Post a Comment