It's been a tough week round these parts. Fragile first born who is missing his daddy (Ethiopia this time. The adventures never cease)! Crappy bedtimes every. single. night for oh, a week now? As in the little one not falling asleep until after 10pm. What?! Me feeling sleep deprived and generally stuck in a grumpy solo-parenting mood. Really, not much to blog about! However, having just downloaded photos from my camera, I can see it's not been all misery.
Frozen fruit whips. Yum. Love the start of the summer fruits don't you?
Extra cuddly night times (when they finally fall asleep that is). Dex has declared that he needs to sleep with Hugo and not on his top bunk while dad is away because it helps him to not miss daddy so much. Naw!
A somewhat last minute but very much needed playground picnic dinner with friends last night. A totally delicious meal of BBQ chicken sandwiches on olive and rosemary sourdough, zucchini slice, salads and to finish off watermelon and cocoa and coconut bliss balls. (Most of which were made by my lovely friend, my contribution was the bought chook. Yeah, I'm in solo-parent mode for sure).
So far my grand plans to fill my Will-less evenings with giftmas sewing after the kids go to sleep haven't eventuated...but I'm hopeful. It has to happen soon, these boys can't keep up this 10pm bedtime thing for much longer surely?
Oh I wouldn't wish this on anyone, especially you and in a solo parenting jag too. Much love to you. xx
ReplyDelete