
We did something we've never done before. We made jam. The sugar and strawberries soaked overnight. We cooked them this morning and the smell was UNBELIEVABLY delicious. Into jars and then for the taste test while it was still warm. Hey, it's not hard to make jam at all. Although once it had cooled down we discovered we may have overdone it a little as it has set like toffee. Seriously. You can hardly get a spoon into it. But it tastes great and we MADE it!

Little D made me a Tree for mothers day. Remember the ring he made last week? Well, in typical D fashion something he created was morphed into something else and it became the base of 'flowers' around the tree trunk. He was so gorgeous about it all. Handed it to me wrapped (with 'mum' scrawled on it in his sweet 4 year old handwriting) while I ate my porridge in the morning sun. And then once unwrapped he added a few improvements before he was completely satisfied that it was done.

As well as having a sleep in, home made jam on polenta sourdough for brunch, an insistence from Will to sit and read on the deck for as long as I wanted and not being allowed anywhere near the dishes or cooking I even got a little time to sew... which I didn't even do. It's such a rare thing to have time in my sewing area during day light. All that natural light prompted me to simply give it a good tidy up, get excited about the many on the go projects I seem never to finish and to finally photograph my scalloped bunting (free tutorial at sewmamasew.com). Which I made weeks ago JUST BECAUSE. It hangs above where I sew, serving absolutely no other purpose than to look pretty.
Happy Mothers Day!
Oh jam is SO much fun. When I made some from teh plums from our plum tree it was the bestest, sweetest, most deliciosa jam ever because *I* made it. No other reason needed to be explored. :o)
ReplyDeleteLucky you with the great day! I love this weather for Mothers Day, makes photography a wonderful option.