Friday, June 4, 2010

Mmm, the smell of apples cooking


Lest you think I am exaggerating about the weather here's how it looked outside the window ALL DAY today! Our deck has an awning over it and in normal rain this keeps things relatively dry. Not so today, as you can see. Water was actually coming in under the door and flooding the inside of our house, that's how much water was pouring from the skies.


Nothing else to do but cook apples. I ordered extra this week from our fruit and veg home delivery peeps because they are just so nice this time of year. (Why did I ever go shopping? For 2 years now we've been getting our groceries delivered right to our door and I am not looking back. And it's so nice to know exactly where our food is coming from. Graeme and Fiona from Forest Range grew these beautiful organic pink ladies. I wouldn't know that if I shopped in Coles now would I?).


Made a stack, in fact the pot was literally bubbling over with apples. (And a couple of pears and handful of plums too). They simmered down though. Pureed and into jars. Iceblocks with the juice - not that I can imagine wanting a nice cold iceblock anytime soon. But couldn't waste that delicious thick juice. Plus Little D and H loooove them. They love their pureed apple too. We ate bowls of the stuff for dessert tonight. We added yoghurt but mine was really icecream, mwahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment