Time for a Sewing Post folks!
As usual my sewing has been happening in spits and spurts. Nothing what so ever for 8 weeks straight then wham, several projects on the go all at once. I have even managed to finish a few. (And not one of them a Christmas gift as should be happening this time of year)! Oh well, my boys have some new clothes and there's always next year for the handmade gifting!
Some boardies for my big boy. Actually I made these last summer for my niece but she refused to wear them as the colour wasn't to her liking. Crazy! I'd forgotten all about them as I neglected to photograph them at the time. Of course my sister wasn't going to simply give them away. She returned them to me after almost a full 12 months of trying to convince her daughter how great they were! It's the Oliver + S Sandbox pants (as shorts).
Another pair for my Little D. He chose the fabric. I'm not so sure I like the combo. But he thinks the numbers and words are cool. Made using my customised 'slim' fit, size 4, of the Oliver + S Sandbox pants.And something for Little H. Another Oliver + S Sailboat Top. You can see my previous attempts here.
And finally, something I whipped up for Little D this afternoon. I free-styled it entirely, no pattern and repurposed fabric - an old muslin baby wrap. They're a bit on the baggy lounge-around-at-home side, which is fine. We do that. Lounge around that is. They're elastic waist, easy on and off for our potty using toddler. I'm rather pleased with my button caterpillar. The one thing I hate more than anything in sewing is hand sewing on buttons. But these plain pants needed something and button's were it. So I dived right in and just did it!

Great items Lou, love them! I used muslin to make some long pants for Ted last year for exactly the same reason. I can't get over just how hard it is to find some light long sleeved stuff in Australia for goodness sake! The top is totally rockin' too.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the button caterpillar! I will have to copy that. Thanks for the inspiration. I love the fabric for the sailboat top. And I think the numbers and letters really do go together well. Nice work.
ReplyDelete