Wow wee, combining two themes at once here. A Bike Wandering post - which I haven't done for a while. And Our Day in Photos as part of our half hearted attempt to document the school holidays. Yep, missed yesterday. So what?!
Not too many words today. I just hauled the kids into the city and back (my odometer tells me it was 17kms all up). I'm tired. In a good way of course. Few things feel better than the general tiredness that a day on wheels in the sunshine leaves one with. Though I could have done without the 44 km head/side winds.
We went to see The Gruffalo at the Opera House. It was fantastic. Go and see it if you can, I hear a few tickets are still available. Here's Dex playing around on the sloped wall outside the Opera House.
Afterwards we enjoyed a picnic in the Botanical Gardens with our friends and then a slow ride home letting ourselves be distracted many times and stopping often.
I was looking everywhere for my cycling gloves, worried I'd left them in the toilets inside the Opera House. But no, Hugo had pinched them!
Dexter got us a new cycling map from the sydneycycleways stall in Hyde Park as we had lost ours. They gave the kids reflective slap bands which they were very pleased about.
Then we checked out the exhibition Sydney Life in Hyde Park - part of Art & About. (There's some really cool looking aspects to Art & About that we're excited about. I'll blog about it when we get along).

Finished our day at Don Campos because I needed an iced chocolate!
Here they are talking to a customer through the window about their day.
And now I'd best go think about dinner...
Happy long weekend everyone!
Wonderful day, Lou! I am so impressed you rode in all that way. Is it easy finding places to lock your bike? (Which I think of as the Groovy Campervan of Bikes, the Most Awesom-est bike Ever!). How fun your day looks. I'm so glad you're sharing so many holiday days—'specially the iced chocolate part! Yum.
ReplyDeleteWe had a bike adventure the other day too—my boy and I. There's something SO satisfying about bike riding, isn't there? Legs moving, wind in the hair—I feel so invincible, like everything is truly right with the world.
Have a beautiful weekend, Lou! I'll be in Sydney the next two days—I'll keep an eye out for you :)