Inspired by this and my sister I thought I'd write a post about our day. However, I'm not so ambitious as to think I will do this for every single day of the holidays, no thanks. That just ain't ever gonna happen so why set myself up for failure by pretending it will?!
I kept the camera handy with an Our Day In Photos blog post in mind. I may do it again one day in the break, or more than once even. But we'll just see how that unfolds shall we?
We began with a trip to the Toyota service centre to book in my car to have the broken side mirror replaced. Hmm, I had a little run in with a pillar in a car park the other evening. The pillar won. Anyway, what an absolutely unexciting start to the day. The lack lustre service and $500 quote didn't help to make it any more interesting. Oh well, lesson learnt. Avoid concrete pillars in future.
Next up the kids rode their bikes to Don Campos where we met Will for lunch. On the way Hugo did his usual balance bike antics - trying to keep up with Dex. Shouting - Got to tatch up to Dexie. Vroom! Super ignition power booster starting...three, two, one - go! Click-er-lee (quickly), I coming Dexie!
A little painting with water colours after lunch.
(Photo by Cass)
Then Dexter went out to tend to his fairy garden that he built a couple of weeks ago. A sudden cry - Mum! Come out here quick! Fairies have been in my garden - look! He held up a magic rock, found hidden beneath the twig shelter. Well, that about made his day. Who could have left that crystal but a fairy. Proof!
This photo doesn't show the detail. He's lovingly created a little shelter out of twigs, there's a pulley system going up the sandstone garden wall, pebbles arranged just so. Much love has gone into it.
I told the kids that Harriet and Teddy were coming over soon and Hugo decided to make Teddy a present. He spend 20 minutes or so on this, whispering to me the whole time as it was a "sprise for Teddy". The fact that Ted hadn't arrived yet seemed not to occur to him!
The rest of the afternoon was spend enjoying our visitors. Dex showed Harriet his fairy house and then they moved on to Reading Eggs. Well, Harriet supervised Dex doing his lessons. (This is a child who completed the whole program in 3 weeks so I'm not kidding when I say supervise)! Hugo and Teddy played Cafe with the pretend food and built the wooden railway set. Cass and I managed to finish a few sentences - conversations even, oh my - while sipping our tea.
After our guests left Dexter felt compelled to make another jet pack. Really. One can never have enough apparently.
And while I made dinner an elaborate game had Will and I cracking up as we watched the boys - in their matching purple capes, act out a holiday. They packed their bags with the essentials (which is another blog post altogether. I LOVE seeing what they pack for such imaginary adventures, it never ceases to entertain me). They flew - super hero style - between destinations (i.e the bunks and lounge). I snapped this moment of them "relaxing at the hotel."
Hugo stayed in his dress-ups for dinner. Look at his plate. How embarrassing! Boiled eggs, cheese and brown rice. We ate an amazing shepherds pie, which Fussy Eater refused. Well, actually, there were two pies, a vegetarian version for our resident vego Master Dexter. Sigh. One day, ONE DAY, we shall sit down to a meal that we all love! Will's sweet French Toast doesn't count I'm afraid....it has far too much maple syrup to be counted as a real meal.


Hey I didn't realise I was part of a Day-in-the-Life post! Woot! And yes, yes indeed, I do believe we had a conversation today. Am I at that age already? Wow! So excited, the children can entertain themselves!
ReplyDeleteLOOOVE that last photo of Hugo - I just want to pinch those cheeks. Gently!
ReplyDeleteNice swirly painting by the way - one to frame?
Is Dex still vego??? Does he eat any meat? Funny little man xxx
PS Blogging EVERYDAY=INSANE IDEA!!!!!!!! Seriously, what was I thinking??? Nut-case.
Wish you could call round :(
Yes, those cheeks are pretty pinchable, especially with those crazy lens-free glasses perched atop them. First born son is sticking with this vego thing, it's 9 months now. Get the tofu ready for his Xmas dinner please!
ReplyDelete