I guess the sound of rain on the tin roof while sitting in front of the fire still feels like away-from-the-big-smoke. But we didn't quite enjoy hours on end of sun drenched paddock stomping that I'd hoped the kids would enjoy (and heck, myself!) last week at Nanny and Pa's. Ah well. Next visit.
All was not lost though. The rain stopped for a few hours one afternoon and we headed straight for the creek before it began again.
Hugo went a little Lord Of The Flies - thrashing a stick rather aggressively through the long dry grass. (A far cry from a not so long ago visit to the same long grass).
They both poked sticks in the creek and fashioned a couple of twig bridges as you do.
When it was raining, which was most of the time, the kids played with toys from my childhood and a crazy amount of Lego left behind when a certain family left the mainland. We also made a trip to the new Vinnie's in town and Annie's Ice-cream Parlour. (An institution in Bathurst and one which I had to finally indulge the kids in)!
Mum got up early - as in when Hugo wakes which is early - every morning and played with the kids and made them cooked breakfasts while I slept in. How cool is she?! (I wonder how that works when we're in a tent next to their caravan as we will be in a couple of weeks? Hmm, now that's something to think about....)

I LOVED the photo of Hugo going Lord of the Flies on that grass! The look on his face! How cool that you caught that moment. So ferocious and truly priceless.
ReplyDeleteLove the photos of the boys at the creek—aren't they magical places? You can imagine so much by that water, with those twigs, and all that outdoorsy-ness. Yum.
Your visit sounded lovely, even though you didn't get as much outside as you would've liked. Your mum rocks—how lovely of her to take care of the boys (and you!) in the mornings. Your future camping trip sounds cool. I can't wait to see it/hear about it here :)
The morning breakfast thing works the other way when Nannie is on holidays - THEY get MY breakfast! Can't wait for that one...... might have a wait a couple of years though.
ReplyDelete