Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Barber visit

Here's Little D dancing his way to the barber's on Monday. He had his fourth EVER haircut. That's right, he is 4 years and 8 months and in his whole little life has only had his hair cut four times. This kid's hair is sloooow growing and as such his mummy is a little precious about it. His locks however were starting to look a little too mullet-like for my liking and I requested the barber to do the bare minimum to take just a little of length/bulk off the back to lessen the mullet look. Of course, easier said than done and....AHHHH! His hair is now a lot shorter. See for yourself. It looks sweet enough of course but I'll be happy to see some length growing back in the coming months.


Little H had a quick turn in the barbers chair too but you can hardly tell. Poor barber was too scared to take much off as I obviously came across as one of those crazy mothers not yet ready for my baby's locks to be tampered with! He did however tidy up the back, which I'd hacked at several months ago when his hair was taking on more of a mullet style than I could handle. (I obviously have some deep seated fears regarding mullets). So now the back is even and those wispy wings that stick over each ear (see below) are here to stay for a little longer!


Today we honoured our car free Wednesday. Which we failed to do last week due to driving to Bathurst. But I think we made up for it today. Little D walked the furthest he has ever walked in his life. Well, possibly not, but he certainly walked a long way and with good cheer the whole time. We took the bus to our destination and wandered from Campos and a couple of shops on to the library. We'd planned to catch the bus home but decided to walk, and then kept on walking all the way PAST our house and onto the warehouse to visit daddy before finally returning home. We were out and about for 2 and a half hours, walking most of that time. I did a quick calculation on a map just now and we walked a couple of hundred meters short of 4 kilometres! Now that's nothing for this grown up but it's quiet the achievement for Little D and he was so proud of himself. Little H enjoyed the journey from the luxury of the stroller.


No comments:

Post a Comment