Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's done!

The pruning that is. Will likes to prune. Pruning is his favourite thing to do in the garden. Not weeding or re-potting or planting seeds or watering. He likes his gardening adventures to involve the use of secateurs and a ladder. A shame we don't have an orchard of some kind. Instead we have just 2 little trees, only one of which requires pruning. Anyway, it's the right time of year for pruning Crepe Myrtle's and while it took less than 10 minutes to complete - it was quite possibly the highlight of the weekend for Will and Little D! The Crepe Myrtle has been pruned. And that's it for another year of pruning for my beloved.

Little H and I enjoyed an afternoon of sitting in the sunshine by the back doors. He isn't feeling so well and has been spending most of his time the past couple of days (and right now in fact) in my arms.


Drifting in and out of snooze land while I work on what is quite possibly the longest running project of my life. A crocheted blanket which I kid you not, I actually began about 18 years ago around 14 years of age. A few of the granny squares give some real insight into my mind as a teenager - some of those colour combo's leave a little to be desired! Anyhoo, it has thus far had no running theme or anything to tie it all together so after poking around my wool stash and purchasing a few extra balls I have decided to try to tie it all together with Red. Wish me luck - this is (or should I say will be eventually) my first crocheted blanket!






No comments:

Post a Comment