Monday, August 30, 2010

Library bag

Little D and I made a library bag. First D drew a picture with a fading fabric pen.


Then embroidered over it, until that got too tiresome, so switched to permanent fabric markers. (Which I ironed with a super hot iron to 'set' the colour).

That's him flying a kite and Little H next to him playing in the grass. Little H has a knight on his t.shirt. I don't know why, that's just what he said.

Then he chose some fabric from my stash and left it with me to complete after 'I go to sleep mum'. Which of course I did. Like I need my 4 year old's instructions to head to my sewing machine after he and his little brother have gone to snoozy land.

Next morning, completed bag was in immediate use and declared just perfect for carrying toys (of the astronaut/moon buggy variety) as well as books.

Me thinks we'll be making a trip to the library very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment