I know, I know. Not another post about Dexter's latest experiment. The kid's appetite is insatiable I tell you! It's (almost) enough to drive me bonkers. This was yesterday's Big Speriment. Which is how he says it. And came from a library book called Science For Kids, subtitled Air. I wont go into the details but the basic premise of the experiment was to show that air can be used to slow down a falling object. Dex followed the pictures and made himself a little parachute, with only a little assistance from me. Ta dah! Kids had a ball launching it from the top of the stairs all afternoon. He's talking about making a mini hot air ballon next, involving a hair dryer and Lego people passengers or some such. If I manage to photograph it I'll be sure to share it here!

I'm not groaning, Lou—I LOVE Speriments! How wonderful that he's so into this. I love all the photos too—'specially the one from your spiral staircase (Oh, I covet that staircase!). My kids would LOVE to make a mini hot air balloon. Does the book really have the instructions for that?? TIme to get to the library :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, as always, Lou.
Actually the hot air balloon speriment was explained to Dex by his awesome 11 yr old cousin and not from the library book. However, the Science For kids book is FULL of lots of other really cool experiments with clear instructions and loads of pictures...hope you find it at your library!
ReplyDelete