Sunday, July 3, 2011

Isn't she lovely?


Introducing my beautiful new wheels. Isn't she lovely? I keep hearing the song in my head whenever I think of her, or pass her in the hallway. (As if I'd keep her outside. Come on! The backyard with a large tarpaulin for shelter may be just fine for my Trek/Xtracycle rig but not for Ms Linus, o.k).


She's got no child seat, no cargo-carrying capacity what-so-ever. No saddle bags or visibility flags! Not even a rear pannier rack. A non-kid hauling bicycle for those gorgeous rare occasions that I can ride cargo-free. Rare indeed, as I rode this beauty home from the bike store almost 4 weeks ago and have only been out on her twice since. The first was on Friday night when I snuck out for a lovely evening with some friends. The second was today with Dexter, who loves any opportunity to get on his wheels and not behind me on the Xtracycle. Today I finally snapped some photos so I could share them here!


She's a Linus. And of course I bought her from Cheeky Transport, as if I'd go anywhere else. They added the Velo Orange hand-hammered mud-flaps for me. And Nick even finished off the front fender with his own leather work - how cool is that? It's a little leather doobie which has a proper name but I've no idea what it is.

I had the basket put on but now I'm not so sure. Seems a bit big. The colour isn't right. Too white. Maybe I'll paint it with some left-over paint we have from the front of our house which we just repainted. The colour is quite compatible I think.


Photo by Will.

Photo by Dexter

Look closely, or click on the photo for a larger version. Can you see Dex in there too?

1 comment:

  1. GORGEOUS, Lou! What a fine and beautiful cyclebike you have there!

    Yes, she's perfect. How lovely that you took her out in all that sunshine, with people you love, and took all those happy pictures. I 'specially loved that last one. I did click on it to look closer, and yes, I saw Dexter!

    So happy for you, Lou. :)

    ReplyDelete