I bring you today's Bike Wanderings - Newtown Graffiti.
I didn't mention it, but during our Questecon adventure I managed to injure my back in a classic twist and lift move (while lifting a certain 3 yr old). So, after 2 trips to my wonderful chiropractor and and a full 10 days off my bike today we finally got back out on the Xtracycle.
For a while now we've been talking about doing a graffiti/street art tour of our local neighbourhood. There's certainly plenty of it around these parts! Here's some that caught Dexter and Hugo's attention today....
Pedestrian tunnel beneath the railway line

They just recently painted that on the first wall you've posted. Before it was hundreds of small images - tres cool! It's where I want to do a photo shoot, I just think it would be fantastic in a shoot.
ReplyDeleteIt's me - actually posting a comment -whoa- I have acquired so many new skills this week!! great photos by the way.
ReplyDeletePS Now you have to post a comment on my blog hee hee xx
Lou, these photos are awesome. I didn't know there were so many painted walls there. I will have to go further next time I visit! Last time I was in Newtown, I kept pulling out my camera—so many things to capture. I was in heaven.
ReplyDeleteHow cool that this is your hood. I've often seen families wandering about 'round there and thought, this would be a neat place for a kid to live. Busy, certainly, but with all these little streets, and parks and quiet spaces. Perhaps I walked right past you guys? I would not be surprised. Maybe one day, we'll bump into each other there and I'll say, "Lou! So great to see you!" Like we've known each other for years. :)
One day Helena, I've no doubt our paths will cross! There is SO much graffiti in these parts, I've not captured the half of it. There's plenty of ugly tagging and vandalism too unfortuately. But by and large, this IS a great hood to live in.
ReplyDeleteCass, if you're keen for a pratice run of said shoot, I will happily provide you with the subjects - my children and possibly even myself! Just say when sweetheart!