I know it doesn't technically begin for another week or so but it sure felt like Spring today. I wore my birkinstock's for the first time in months and, wait for it, bare legs. No stockings, no long pants. Just sandals on my feet and a dress. Ok, and a cardy...it wasn't that balmy.
We cycled to a new-to-my-boys playground where we met friends and the boys played hard for a few hours. Then on the way home the kids were excited by the sight of these flowers. We stopped and rolled around in them for a while. The afternoon traffic was thickening on the roads around us but of course that didn't bother us. The pedestrian/cycle bridge over South Dowling gave us a wonderful view of the gridlock we weren't stuck in.
Today's route was almost exclusively cycle paths. Gorgeous, park-side, open space cycling on a marvellous mild day with the sun on my toes for the first time in months. Oh, how I love cycling. Have I mentioned that before?!
wonderful, wonderful, Lou!! LOVE those flowers! Love the idea that you can get through so much of Sydney on bike paths. Might have to bring my bike up on the train one day, and give it a try. :)
ReplyDeleteI was stuck in that EXACT gridlock tonight, driving home from a family thing. Funny to think of you guys a couple of hours earlier, coasting over all those nose-to-nose stinky cars. I know what I would have preferred to be doing!
Thanks for sharing your Spring-y day, Lou :)
Ahhhhhchoooooo.....my eyes are itchy too!!! Photo hayfever is a drag!!
ReplyDeleteoh that "field"of flowers, i am so envious of dexter and his rolling, so free, so beautiful. we used to live around there and loved the cycle ways. we used to love climbing the hill near the golf course and seeing green before the city.
ReplyDelete