Saturday, August 13, 2011

Questecon!

I finally got some more use out of my bike roof rack last week and took my Xtracycle to Canberra. Doesn't she look cool up there on the roof?!

Here's the obligatory timer shot at the beginning of our mini cycling adventure, and yes, my camera is resting on a bin lid. You've got to work with what you've got huh?!

We took off towards the centre of Canberra for our destination. (Can you see parliament house in the background? Just to prove we were in fact in Canberra folks!)

Over the bridge and left on King Edward Terrace to...

Questecon! Is there any other reason to go to Canberra, really?!








We signed up for a years membership due basically to the fact that our powerhouse museum membership recently expired and membership to either gets you into either so even if we don't get back to Canberra, we'll continue our very regular visits to the PHM.

We easily filled our entire day here. The kids loved it. (Phew! I'd talked it up quite a bit). We went back again the next day for a few hours before our big drive home.

I know there are many, many cool places to visit and things to do in Canberra which one day I hope to do with the kids. But for now, Questecon is absolutely perfect. We'd hoped to go to Cockington Green too but the weather turned foul. Next trip!


Thanks to our lovely Canberra hosts J and D for having us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment