Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More goop!

Two weeks since my last post - shame on me. How did that happen?! We're been busy. Catch up blogging coming soon...

In the meantime, I bring you more goop! We made this on Monday - this time just the simple water and cornflour variety. Mix 2 cups of cornflour with 1 cup of water. Oh yeah, and add a good splash of food colouring. We read this book's explanation of a colloid, which is what this stuff is, neither liquid nor solid but behaving like both depending on what you do to it. It was quite different to the glue and borax goop but thankfully just as easy to clean up. Though the bath water did turn pink!

By the way these photos make this stuff look extremely runny and liquidy (made up word, I know), but that's only because I couldn't snap a photo of it behaving like a solid quickly enough...





1 comment:

  1. We've made this before! SO MUCH fun!

    I was wondering where you were, and am glad to see you back! I'm imagining you didn't blog because you were too busy enjoying the glorious weather we were having. I'm guessing there was much bike riding… Much outdoor frolicking… Everything as it Should Be :)

    ReplyDelete