Friday, August 26, 2011

More Spring, oh yeah!

Today we went to one of my favourite places in all of Sydney. I chanced across it many years ago on a leisurely bike ride and have returned many times since. It's Wendy Whiteley's secret garden* in Lavender Bay. My photos do not do this place any justice. It is divine. And hardly anyone realises it's there. I have been raving about this place to many friends of late - something about this very spring weather we've enjoyed this week has me all itching to be outside in beautiful surroundings.

Today we met some friends there, who'd never been before. I'm so pleased they found it worth the difficult parking and trickiness in locating the park (it's not sign posted or marked on any maps and it's rather difficult to find it when you've never been before).

Four boys in one little tree. The poor tree.


Staircases like this wind all over the garden, little paths criss-crossing back and forth, shady secret corners, vines, gigantic fig trees...too gorgeous!



Walking back to the train station, Dexter gave me a short rest from pushing the stroller.

Look, Hugo's mate Max just happened to be wearing his Campos shirt today too. Hugo thought that was pretty cool.

Ahhh, spring! We hope to brave the dreaded cycle 'ramp' at the northern end of the Sydney Harbour Bridge next time and ride to Lavender Bay. I've done it before on the Xtracycle - but being extra long/heavy and requiring us to unload and send the kids down the stairs without me being able to hold little hands, well it's not easy. I wasn't feeling up to the challenge today so we took the train. But I regretted it all day - this weather is FAR too perfect for riding to leave the bike at home and sit inside a stinky train carriage!

*go on, click and have a read. She really is an amazing women. It'll make you appreciate it even more when you visit.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, it's five o'clock, you are solo parenting. How the HELL do you find hands free to upload images and write a blog post? I am only on the computer because Ted is hysterical adn getting ah-moe. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. today's blog post brought to you by Mary Poppins! It's LOOOOOOOONG movie! Sadly it has just finished and all hands on deck now w boys in bath, dinner on the stove, though obviousy I am swinging by the 'puter on my way to stir the bolognaise and find pj's... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and notice the lack of photos from inside my house this week? yeah, solo parenting w priorities baby! Must blog. She says stepping over pile of clothes, toys, pigs sty to reach computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like our place at the moment - Ben has been working all week - which means the wheels have fallen off: MESS!!!

    ReplyDelete