Sunday, August 28, 2011

s l o w day

Our grand plans to participate in the Greenway Day of Action dissipated this morning. After several hours of half heartedly attempting to leave the house, it was decided that a slow day was the order of the day. I've been solo-parenting for over a week and with the end in sight, a case of the wearies finally hit me. It hasn't helped that I have been reading until the wee hours every. single. night. A 993 page fantasy novel (I know! I'm blushing!) the size of a brick, that I simply can't put down. We haven't spent the whole day at home for days and days anyway. It was lovely. Slow, relaxing, full of very little.

Bubbles and Lego...

Some sun soaking for the canine among us....

And long moments lost in thought...


2 comments:

  1. Man how I love those slow days! Sometimes, you just have to go with the flow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite kind of day - they are few and far between....bring on the holidays!

    ReplyDelete